Wednesday, February 23, 2011

DIY Boards


Images by Marie

So, as I have told you earlier one of my very best friends is having a little baby girl. And guess what, she has arrived, the cutest most perfect little baby girl ever! This is the same friend I arrange a baby shower for, you can take a look here. I decided that I wanted to give her something special for the baby, something for the nursery. So I made her this cute board! It is very easy to make and I want to share with you how to do it!

YOU NEED:


Then cut the fabric to a suitable size,make sure to have enough to fold over:

Cut the wadding so it fits the board: 

Then lay it all upon each other, fabric, wadding then the board. Make sure the cork side is facing the right way:

Then you fold the fabric and stitch it on the back of the board. Make sure you do it tight: 

So far, so good:

Now, its time for the ribbons:

Then stitch it on the back of the board:

Same procedure:





Then stitch a cross where the ribbons crosses, this is to make the upholstery look:

And last, but not least, glue on the buttons to cover up the stitches: 

And there you go, a cute DIY board! 

I also made this board. This one was a birthday gift for one of my other best friend. On this one I used furniture nails instead of buttons to rough it up a little bit. 



All images by Marie

So, hope this inspired you a bit. Maybe you will make one your self. And one more thing, I think this also would be a great headboard, only a bit larger off course. 

9 comments:

  1. Fantastic! I'm very impressed over you Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great, maybe I´ll give it a go! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Tinajo! And yes, go for it! xoxo Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually love this headboard of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Niiice! That is a perfect arts and crafts activity to do togheter with the kids!They can pic you their own choice of colours and patterns etc (as long as it's not Justin Bieber).. Have a greet weekend Marie, I love your blog!

    Xoxo J :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, it is quite easy too, so perfect to do with your kids :) So you´r not a big fan of Justin Bieber, huh? :)
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend, J!
    xx Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your sweet comments! xx Marie